SS Joining Manual for Parents
This page is for the parents who have enrolled their kids for success Saturday program. Spend some time to read and understand the following to make the program most effective.
Dear Parents, Welcome to Geniekids. Let us make you familiar with few things in genie kids. It is important that you understand few procedures in Genie kids to make your interaction with Genie kids more effective, fruitful and memorable.
Course : Success Saturday is purely an experiential program - with the emphasis being on giving the child a unique set of experiences that will foster development of success skills through awareness and understanding. In a particular session, while many success skills will be used and experienced by he child, we would primarily focus on one or two success skills. These one or two success skills will be the objectives for that session.
The activities in themselves are not important - rather the involvement in the activities automatically exposes the particular success skill.This is what we focus on (rather than focusing on the activity per se.) The activities, however are carefully designed to ensure that the child goes through an experience of the particular success skill. Read more about the course .............. http://www.geniekids.com/ss
Prog Details on the Web
Please DO NOT look at the observation or activities on the web to CHECK THE PROGRESS of your child. Those are just observations not any "progress report".
The idea of sharing what activity we did, the session report and the child observations is to just make you aware of what is happening in the sessions. Hence the request again - pl do not use this information to assess the child in any which way.
The best way for you to know and to get involved in the development process is to start using the tools at home - tools which are sent every week and the details / instructions to which are available online.
To see the activity schedule, session report, success tools and child's observation - pl follow these instructions
1. Login into www.geniekids.com website. Use your child's (name) as the user name and "hello" as the password (pl see the list of user names below - all in lowercase)
2. Pl change the password by clicking on My Account on the left menu bar. (no need to change if you have already changed it)
3. Use the small red menu on the right menu bar - called SS Child Links
>> Click on Activity Schedule link to see date wise activity schedule. This activity schedule gives you details of objective for the day, activity done, session report and a link to the success tool (this link will give you details of the success tool)
>> Click on Child's Observations link to see the date wise observations. Pl realise that few observations do not give any meaning - only when we compile observations - say a minimum of 15 obs - then we can see some trends and understand the child and use that to draw some plans for the child
Success Tools: We will provide you with tools (frequency dependent on topic) that you as parent use during the week days with your child.
The child will carry the tool with him or her from geniekids. However the child may not know or have understood how to use the tool. Hence you login into the website - check the activity schedule of the day and in that click on the tool name to get the details of the tool - the why, what and the how to use it will be posted.
- This tool helps you and your child connect with the core concept being focused on during the sessions.
- The usage of the tool during the week days will ensure reinforcement of the concept.
- The usage of the tool will ensure that you (parent) are sensitized about that particular "success characteristic".
- Finally the usage of the tool - over a long period of time - we believe will definitely benefit the child's development.
The tool is session independent, and can be, rather should be used even if your child has been absent for that session. This helps in building continuity also. It is important that we come to know how the tool is working - so please use MY BLOG (see left menu bar) as a space to post your experience (you will need to login with your child's login to do this)
If your child has missed a session then the tool can be collected by the child the next session (we can carry forward the tools only for one session) - otherwise for all session tools are available online - check the activity schedule for that day for the link)
Do give feedback and suggestions specific to the tools by leaving comments on the respective tool's page itself. Finally while the tools are specifically conceptualized and design by geniekids for success saturday program and hence come under copyright - you can send links to this page to other parents for their personal usage.
"Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced." John Keats
Child's Feedback - Our Observation about the child :
Every session your child attends – we record our observation of that day. These observations are recorded online and are available to you through child's name login and password.
We give collated feedback at the end of the program. The meeting has to be without your child and preferably both the parents should come for the feedback – it helps us in discussing the whole picture. Please do not ask “how is my child doing?” when you come to pick up or drop your child.
- If you want to speak to us regarding anything related to Geniekids or praogram, please come 20 minutes before the child’s pick up time and speak to us at the reception.
- Pl do not speak to us after receiving the child. At that moment the child needs your attention.
- We do not discuss about the child in front of the child.
- If you wish to give any message to the faculty regarding your child - please give a written note at the reception or send an email. Verbal instructions tend to get missed hence not encouraged.
- In the same way if faculty has to give you any message they too will follow the same procedure - they will send a written note or send an email to you.
If you wish to meet us in person and discuss more we welcome you . We do not give feedback about the child before 30 sessions.
To meet faculty - Please let us know we will fix up the time with the concerned facilitator as per the time suitable to both of you.
Fee and Cancellation
This kind of program takes time for children to settle down, for us to build rapport and for child to start benefiting from the program. Hence trial does not help - neither the child nor the parents. However, for some reason if you have to withdraw your child in between, registration amount is refunded pro-rate for the months not attended. You need not give the reason for withdrawal, but cancellation is effected only from the next month with reference to the date you inform us.
Thanking you for your cooperation. Wishing all of us a great time. Geniekids Success Saturdays Team.