real life projects
Children and their learning is often disconnected from real life and hence perceived as bland. Can we help children connect to the world and also to their own potential to learn and do? Can we get children to be our consultants?
The goal is to provide children with opportunities to work with real life projects. Industry provides real projects, children do them (as consultants) and we facilitate the whole process.
- Providers: Organizations and companies from across sectors contribute by sharing selected situations / tasks / problems. They also provide required background information - much like they would to their consultants / associates. Providers can be public sector orgs. / govt / private companies, NGOs as well as individuals.
- Enablers: To work on these projects, the children will need domain background, skills and guidance. amable team will design the framework which will structure the child’s work. We provide required information in the form of books, articles, videos, etc. We equip the child with relevant skills through tutorials and workshops. Most importantly, amable facilitator team will mentor the children during the project.
- Doers: Children, individually or in teams work on a project of their choice. Using the framework, and the required info and guidance, children work on the project in an open and peer share environment. They also go through tutorials and workshops to acquire necessary skills. Finally they submit their proposal within stipulated time and get real feedback on their work.
Benefits to the child
Project based learning itself has multiple benefits to the doer / learner. Real life projects make it even better:
- The engagement level of the child is high. Children take responsibility for their own learning and in the process, discover their ability to work and learn.
- It may help the child discover his/her inclination/passion early enough
- Real life experience enables the child to see the relevance of what he/she studied and hence, makes the learning meaningful.
- Projects create opportunities to develop more complex skills like higher order thinking skills, collaboration, problem solving, communication, leadership etc (the list is long).
If you, an organization / individual are interested in providing projects or
if you, a parent / child are interested in participating in these projects
drop us an email via this form